Leadership Ascension Project Gains $10,000 Donation from BASF
GEISMAR – The Leadership Ascension project Healthy Spaces for West Bank Faces made significant gains towards its efforts to build a community park in Donaldsonville thanks to a $10,000 donation from BASF.
The park will be located at the old Lowery Middle School site now owned by The Church of Donaldsonville. It will include a playground designed by LSU engineering students based on drawings and input from students at Donaldsonville Primary and Lowery Elementary plus a site plan by LSU landscape architecture students.
BASF Southeast Hub Communications Manager Jolen Stein and Communications Specialist Elizabeth Canfield presented the check to Healthy Spaces for West Bank Faces project manager Jackie Tisdell of Ascension Public Schools and team member Chris Irvine of BASF.
“We are so thankful for this generous donation from BASF that brings us one step closer to creating a safe place for children to play in this area of Donaldsonville,” Tisdell said.
LSU engineering students met with Donaldsonville Primary and Lowery Elementary students in December and are currently designing the playground based on their drawings. Plans are to conduct a community playground build in April.
The fundraising goal for the project is $50,000. Those wishing to partner or contribute to this project can contact project manager Jackie Tisdell at Jackie.Tisdell@apsb.org or (225) 210-7567 or any of the following team members:
· Cindy Babin, Information Technology Technician at Prejean Computer Consultants, LLC
· Scott Bradshaw, Regional Director of Technical Operations Southeast at Cox Communications
· Rick Bergeron, Westside Patrol Division Captain for the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office
· Kevin Chenier, Environmental Engineer at Methanex
· Daniel Domangue, Store Manager at Skid Marks Tire Pros
· Chris Irvine, Production Manager at BASF
· Charla Johnson, Manager of Community and Provider Education at St. Elizabeth Hospital
· Trinette Reynard, Deputy Clerk at the Ascension Parish Clerk of Court
All donations are tax deductible and can be directed to the “Leadership Ascension Foundation” with the memo “Heathy Spaces.” More information about the project can also be found on our Facebook page, Facebook.com/Healthyspacesforwestsidefaces.
Leadership Ascension is an innovative program sponsored by The Ascension Chamber of Commerce to assist in preparing emerging community leaders for leadership positions in local government, business and community affairs. The results-oriented program is directed by a steering committee of community leaders with the assistance of the Chamber staff.