BTNEP CLEAN UP BAYOU LAFOURCHE EVENT SUCCESSFUL
The Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program (BTNEP) would like to thank all the
volunteers that came out to the Clean Bayou Lafourche Event this Saturday, March 31st.
The event was a huge success with over 1200 volunteers cleaning from Donaldsonville to
BTNEP would also like to recognize the site captains who took the time weeks in
advance to organize their individual sites. These people were truly amazing in getting the
word out, recruiting volunteers, setting up staging areas, providing snacks and food, etc.
Their hard work and dedication was evident on Saturday.
• Michele Robert and Carlos Giron, CH2MHill
• Ginger Rushing, Attakapas Adventures
• Aimey Tregre, Napoleonville/Labadieville
• Randsdell Benoit, Labadieville
• Henry & Hattie Templet, Bayou Rowing Association
• Monique Crochet, The City of Thibodaux
• Alysse Ferrarra, Nicholls State University
• Kevin Babin, Green Choppers, LLC
• Derek Boudreaux, South Raceland
• Chris Babin, Lafourche Parish/Lockport
• Armand Autin, Valentine Chemicals
• Joseph Doucet & Blaine Adams, NSU students
• Peggy Bagala, Les Reflections du Bayou
• Janet Rhodus, Keep Baton Rouge Beautiful
Volunteers picked up items from plastic bottles to tires. Odd items found included a
bowling ball, a fireproof safe, a 30-gallon water heater and a MRE. A detailed list of
items collected will be provided after compilation along with the tonnage of trash.
BTNEP would also like to remind everyone that the Lafourche Parish Government will
be collecting household hazardous materials on Saturday, April 21st for their Household
BARATARIA-TERREBONNE NATIONAL ESTUARY PROGRAM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 5, 2012
Contact: Kristy Monier
BTNEP is a partnership of government, businesses, scientists, conservation organizations, agricultural interests and individuals dedicated to the preservation, protection, and restoration of the Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary in southeast