Detroit Lions at Carolina Panthers odds, picks and prediction
The Detroit Lions (4-5) and Carolina Panthers (3-7) meet for a 1 p.m. ET kickoff at Bank of America Stadium. Below, we preview the Lions-Panthers betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Lions at Panthers: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Lions -130 (bet $130 to win $100) | Panthers +110 (bet $100 to win $110)
- Against the spread/ATS : Lions -2.5 (-110) | Panthers +2.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 46.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Special NFL Week 11 Betting Promotion
Bet $1 on ANY TEAM'S money line Sunday, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY team scores a touchdown during Sunday's NFL action. Place your legal, online sports bets in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks!
New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Lions at Panthers: Game notes
- The Lions posted a 30-27 victory against the Washington Football Team last week, covering a 2.5-point number as they scratched and clawed their way back to one game within .500.
- Detroit's offense has been so-so this season, posting 360.4 total yards per game (17th in the NFL), and 25.2 points per game (16th). Defense is where the Lions have had plenty of issues, allowing 400.0 total yards (27th), 258.4 passing yards (24th), 141.6 rushing yards (30th) and 29.7 points (29th) per game.
- The Panthers were doubled up 46-23 at home against the division-rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Carolina enters on a five-game skid, covering the spread in just two of the games during the span. Carolina is1-4 straight up and ATS on its home field in 2020.
- Carolina ranks in the bottom third in a majority of the categories both offensively and defensively. Their best ranking is in the offensive passing yards department, posting 245.6 per game to rank 17th.
- The Lions are just 3-7 ATS across their past 10 road games and 6-14 ATS in the past 20 games overall. The Panthers are 1-7-1 ATS in the past nine home games, and 1-6 ATS in the past seven against teams with a losing record, so something's gotta give.
Lions at Panthers: Key injuries
- WR Danny Amendola (hip) out
- LB Jarrad Davis (knee) questionable
- WR Kenny Golladay (hip) out
- QB Matthew Stafford (thumb) questionable
- RB D'Andre Swift (concussion) out
- DE Austin Bryant (thigh) questionable
- DL Da'Shawn Hand (groin) questionable
- S Will Harris (groin) questionable
- OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot) questionable
- QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee) questionable
- CB Rasul Douglas (ankle) questionable
- DE Yatur Gross-Matos (shoulder) questionable
- CB Donte Jackson (toe) doubtful
- RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) out
- OT Russell Okung (calf) doubtful
- G John Miller (knee, ankle) doubtful
- LB Tahir Whitehead (ribs) questionable
- S Sam Franklin (ankle) questionable
- DE Marquis Haynes (shoulder) questionable
- TE Chris Manhertz (shoulder) questionable
Lions at Panthers: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Panthers 23, Lions 19
Money line ( ?)
The PANTHERS (+110) are a good play on their home field, whether Stafford or backup QB Chase Daniel plays for the Lions (-130). They'll be without their two biggest playmakers in Swift and Golladay, so shy away from the road favorites.
Against the spread ( ?)
The PANTHERS +2.5 (-110) are worth backing as the short dogs at home. Yes, it's possible Bridgewater sits due to his MCL injury, which would mean either Will Grier or P.J. Walker would start under center, but they are a healthier team overall.
Davis can help the quarterback with short to intermediate routes as a safety valve, and the defense won't have to face a home-run hitter like Swift or Golladay.
Over/Under ( ?)
UNDER 46.5 (-110) is the play in this one, as both offenses are very marginal, and we'll have stars like Golladay, McCaffrey and Swift on the sidelines in street clothes. The Under is 5-2 in Detroit's past seven on a grass surface, and the Under is 5-3 in Carolina's past eight overall.
- Mohamed Sanu elevated from practice squad (Lions Wire)
- NFL fines Jason Pierre-Paul for low how on Bridgewater (Panthers Wire)
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.